Wednesday 19 May 2010

About studying architecture

I’m Studying architecture and I think that one of the most important skills you need for this career is perseverance. It’s common for people to think that architects are creativity and that’s all, I think that this is not true; although it helps having original ideas quickly it takes more than that to finish the career, at least at this University.

We are commonly full of work, that means that not only you have to be working all the time, but also that you have less time to spend with your family, or friends. I think that this is something that not all the people is willing to do, so they just leave the career or have to start finding ways to combine both things.

I think that you born with creativity, but you can help yourself watching and searching for new things for example in magazines, internet, TV etc. So although if you didn’t born creative you have the chance of seeing so much that you don’t came up with something new, but you remember something you saw and from there you start designing putting thing from your own.

For perseverance I think that you just born with it, you can’t learn how to fell when you work all night and you get a bad grade, I think it depends of how you take your life and things that happened in your life, and there’s no lesson for that.

I believe the University gives as skills but depend on us to use it and to learn from them, I think that is possible (It happened to me also), that you pass a signature without really learning anything from it. So I think that the process is very personal and depends on each student to get all the abilities the University is willing to give.

7 comments:

  1. I very agree with you coni ... I also think it is more important perseverance

    ReplyDelete
  2. perseverance, that's a very good skill. Not only for our career, but for life in general

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooow, working all night and getting a bad grade is so awful D: I wish there was some way not to feel bad about it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. with time you learn to work faster and save time to sleep every day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, you can born whit creativity, or maybe you don't, but always you can learn how to be creative, and how to work whit creativity

    ReplyDelete
  6. agg i just found articles of architect students

    godd look in your work time, don0t smell too much agorex =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. perceverance its so important, just sometimes, when you´re really exhausted you loose that ability

    ReplyDelete