Wednesday 26 May 2010

Internet

To choose my favorite piece of technology is very easy, because is the only thing that I use every day and I get crazy if it go wrong for some reason. This will be the computer. I spend hours a day in front of it without notice how many time has pass. But I think that not the computer itself, but obviously connected with internet. I really think that a computer without it is very useless and in my personal experience I use it without it only when it’s extremely necessary if not I get bored really easily.

The first time I used internet it was using the telephone wire. I can only be connected after 8:00pm, because it was very expensive. I remember that we didn’t had a connection upstairs so we had a wire trough out the stairs, so more than one trip over with the wire. Every time that happened we were disconnected (very often), so it was very annoying.

After some time, luckily my father decided to get an unwire connection, so now we can use internet every time we want.

I find amazing the amount of different things you can do connected to the web for example download music, series, movies, talk to your friends, work and find work too, buy different kinds of thing without even get out of the house. I’m not saying that internet could replace all kinds of interactions between people, but I think that we have to learn to combine both things. On one side we have to assume that internet makes our lives easily, but we can’t depend on it in every situation, because as we all have experience at least one, sometimes and for “no reason” it collapses and you have to adapt and continue living without, although it’s difficult sometimes.

6 comments:

  1. that's one of the best things in the technology world! I remember that I couln't be conect a very long time because was reaaaaaaly expensive

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahahah I hate when my computer crush or doesn't work... or the internet lost the conection u_u

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate the connection of our beloved FAU it's horrible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Without internet we are nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahah all the people loves the computers, but i think that if we won´t have internet we dont love the computers like we do

    ReplyDelete
  6. totally agree with you we should make a cult to the internet

    ReplyDelete