Wednesday 16 June 2010

chile v/s honduras

First of all I must say, I’m not that involved in soccer… or any sport at all, even I admit… I was very bad at sports in school. So with that fact we can assume that the FIFA World Cup is not so cool for me, but there is something I can’t deny, today the whole country was watching the soccer match at 7:30am.

I will choose to write about option 1, because even do I’m not so familiar with soccer I worked today with the TV on, so now I know all about it.

First, the schedule of the match was awful, so I didn’t watch the match, but all my family did. So I knew the results right away only listening to what was happened in my house.

Making a summary of what I had listened today I can say Chile played good, even one international journalist said they played the second better match of the entire world cup, just below Germany. This was the first match Chile had won in many years I don’t remember exactly the amount but is around more than 20 years. A funny fact is that occurred the same date years before. They played a fast, offensive game, while their greater weakness was to be effective and MAKE the goals. Also, the news said the most important players of the match were Sanchez (nominated player of the match by the Fifa), Fernandez and Beausejour, who scored the only goal. Although this made a lot of people happy I also heard that Spain lost and that complicates Chile to pass to another round.

1 comment:

  1. it was 48 years ago, here in chile, the match where we won the third place

    ReplyDelete